Insights & Strategy
Research & Mobilisation
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the website of the Kogi State Primary Healthcare Development Agency. The creation of this website is part of the deliberate effort of KGSPHCDA to deepen the synergy between the Agency, the Community and our Development Partners within and outside the State.
No individual is an island especially in this era of globalisation.
Our intension is to make the website current, relevant and interactive so that our Local, National and International Partners can be abreast of our activities and make their informed contributions to the consolidation and expansion of the modest achievement recorded by the Agency in the last two and a half years and beyond.
For some, the website is long overdue but like the saying goes, it is better late than never.
Permit me to quickly mention some of the achievements recorded under my watch in the last two and a half years.
1. Intensification of Routine Immunisation campaign through the Inauguration of State Emergency Routine Immunization Coordination Center (SERICC) in the State and LERICC at the LGA Level.
2.Maiden World Press Conference of KSPHCDA in 2018 where I unveiled my plans for the Agency to the World. This interactive session has gone a long way to cement the cordial relationship between the Agency and the Press in Kogi State thereby helping to create public awareness about the activities of PHCDA in the State.
3. Successful conduct of Baseline Survey of Primary Health Care Facilities in the State which enabled the Agency and State Ministry of Health to have an accurate data for policy formulation and implementation in the State.
4. Support for three Hundred (300) Health facilities to conduct outreach, fixed and mobile sessions to strengthen immunization services in the State.
5. Acquisition and furnishing of a befitting new office complex for the Agency which has created a conducive working atmosphere for our Staff and Development Partners.
6. Expansion of the State Cold Store and installation of 100KVA Solar energy which is ready for commissioning any moment from now. The cost of the project is N67,000,000
7. Signing of the Agency’s Amendment Bill into Law by the Executive Governor whose significance is the aspect that incorporates PHCUOR in our edict.
8.Commencement of and operationalization of the Basic Health Care Provision fund (BHCPF) in Kogi State with the
approval of One Hundred Million Naira (N100,000,000) counter-part fund and effective pre- implementation plans for BHCPF in Kogi State.
This is the summary of our achievements in the last two and a half years inspite of the paucity of fund and challenges facing the Agency.
I must use this medium to express my profound gratitude to His Excellency, Gov. Yahaya Bello for his unflinching support to the Agency. We consider His Excellency as the father of Primary Healthcare in the State because he has the singular honor of reviving the Agency from its comatose state prior to my appointment in October 2017.
I like to also recognise His Excellency, Chief Edward Onoja, the Deputy Governor of Kogi state whom we have crowned as Ambassador of Primary Healthcare because of his outstanding contributions to the success of the Agency.
I salute our Development Partners who have been standing like the rock of Gibraltar behind the Agency. Our modest achievement would not have been possible without them.
The Press have been instrumental to our activities. Thank you for the News coverage.
Last but not the least are the loyal and dedicated Management and Staff of the Agency. I thank you all for your dedication and commitment to our goals.
Dr. Abubakar Yakubu